He looked at me with that are you kidding me? expression. Where are you taking us? He was discomfited by the dilapidated red and white building. I reasoned that anything stamped with the seal of approval by Adam Richmond (Man v. Food) is OK in my book. And hey, it was a change in pace from our Costco routine.
K and I Diner is home to the "Travis on a silver platter challenge," a 6-lb. burrito engulfed in french fries. Knowing Michael's life long dream of competing in the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest (goals are set high in this relationship), I knew this was the perfect place to eat.
Although he didn't attempt the challenge, the half Travis was enough to put him down for the remainder of the day. The mountain of fries makes one wonder whether there was a burrito underneath. The food was amazing so much that we ordered takeout on our way to the airport.
I highly recommend a trip to Albuquerque solely based on food. The green chili pepper is endemic to New Mexico and the taste packs a punch. It adds a dimension of "heat" to almost every dish in the state. If only K and I Diner would move to Virginia...




No comments:
Post a Comment