Thursday, September 19, 2013

Film vs. Digital


EEEEK!!  Ok, my Blue Mountain Brewery feature is tomorrow because I was too busy playing with my new (and FIRST) film camera, a Nikon F100.  After years of debating whether I should invest in a medium format film camera (instead of a 35mm for landscape), I decided to test the waters with a 35mm film camera.  I chose a Nikon because I could use the same lenses that I have now.  Once the package arrived yesterday, I picked up cheap Kodak 400 film at the local CVS.  Then, of course, I made Aspen model for me after work shooting digital and film in manual mode.  I was worried about  shooting film in manual without a light meter but I think the results aren't too shabby!  This was my first roll of film EVER.

So let's put your photography knowledge to a test... which ones are film and which pictures are unedited digital?

Lastly, which do you prefer, film or digital?  I'm now OBSESSED and just picked up one roll of Kodak Portra 400 to test.





The World of SB // Learn more on the right-hand side of this page in the "About Me" section.
The 411 // Follow me on Facebook and Pin with me or e-mail me at samanthabrookephoto@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment