Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mt Pilchuck - Part I


Part I is full of bridges, pathways, fog, light, and Michael hiking.  Prepare for the summit and beautiful views in Part II.  

Mt. Pilchuck is located roughly 1.5 hours east of Seattle.  I would consider this to be a more strenuous hike, one you would not want to hike completely out of shape.  It's around a 6 mile roundtrip hike with 360 degree views of the Cascade Mountains at the summit.  There are several rock scrambles but nothing as strenuous (or as long) as hiking Old Rag in Virginia.  I would highly recommend this hike to anyone traveling to Washington and in need of a hike with good views.  Be prepared with snacks, a camera (lots of views!), and start early to avoid busy trails as this is a popular hike.  Be sure to buy a forest pass at a gas station in the nearby town of Granite Falls.  Happy travels!



























A rock scramble...


Facebook // Pinterest // Instagram I (Travel) // Instagram II (Personal) 

No comments:

Post a Comment